PROBLEM with burning YDL to DVD

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

PROBLEM with burning YDL to DVD

Postby palikala » 23 Aug 2008, 14:41

SO I downloaded the whole .rar file from one of the mirrors, but now I am stuck - when I extract the file, there is only one tiny small .iso file (boot), and other plenty of weird stff like .bld, .img,.ppc ..... Now I dont know what to do - should I burn the whole .rar file I orginaly downloaded, or what?? Please dont post links to tutorials, Ive seen them and read them and OBVIOUSLY they did not help me.

THANKS
palikala
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: PROBLEM with burning YDL to DVD

Postby ppietro » 23 Aug 2008, 21:14

palikala wrote:SO I downloaded the whole .rar file from one of the mirrors, but now I am stuck - when I extract the file, there is only one tiny small .iso file (boot), and other plenty of weird stff like .bld, .img,.ppc ..... Now I dont know what to do - should I burn the whole .rar file I orginaly downloaded, or what?? Please dont post links to tutorials, Ive seen them and read them and OBVIOUSLY they did not help me.

THANKS

.RAR file? None of the mirrors have a .RAR file that I'm aware of... did you download this from a Torrent, by any chance?

Regardless, I'd toss that .RAR file, and download the .iso from here:
http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/yellowdo ... 080207.iso

Use your favorite CD-ROM program to create the install disc from there (Nero, Roxio, etc.). If you don't have one, some folks have reported good results with a free utility called "imgburn". http://www.imgburn.com/

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PROBLEM with burning YDL to DVD

Postby billb » 24 Aug 2008, 02:08

palikala wrote:Please dont post links to tutorials, Ive seen them and read them and OBVIOUSLY they did not help me.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2274

:mrgreen: I just couldn't resist ... :lol:
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation