ps3 install problem!!! HELP PLEASE

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

ps3 install problem!!! HELP PLEASE

Postby onezeldafreak » 01 Sep 2008, 03:17

I did not read the install guide correctly because I was being stupid! I went to the install other OS and put in the CD, my ps3 starting to boot from the cd, and did not partition the hard drive of my ps3!! Now I have the linux boot loader on when i boot up my ps3 and cannot finish the install. I tried to take the harddrive out of my ps3 and reformat it and thought that would work and I installed the current sony firmware thinking it would bring my ps3 back to the original settings. It did not brought it back to the linux kboot menu. I tryed to install the lyd with the comment install_ps3_1080p. But it freezes up and says a bunch of stuff. I have also tried the "game-boot-os" and the kboot says command not recognized! please some one help i am about to go insane!
onezeldafreak
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: ps3 install problem!!! HELP PLEASE

Postby billb » 01 Sep 2008, 04:04

As you have seen, the bootloader (what gets installed when you use "Install OtherOS") is installed to the PS3's flash memory and not the hard drive. Anyway ... just type game at the kboot prompt to go back to the Game OS and format your drive there. If you play many PS3 games at all you'll want to use the 10GB to OtherOS option (using 10GB for Linux).
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation