Q/Qemu YDL6 installation

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Q/Qemu YDL6 installation

Postby daenney » 21 Sep 2008, 23:10

Hey guys,

I'm going to reinstall my XServe G4 sometime soon and I figured maybe YDL would be a nice change from OSX Server.
So in order to give it a spin I'm trying to get it to work in Q (the macosx Qemu GUI thingy).
I'm emulating a single CPU system right now (Q hangs when I try to emulate two) but I'm getting this when I start the machine to install YDL6.

Never mind the frist two errors but the Error messages about the boot parition and the Not a MACH-O File are confusing me, what comes afterwards even more.

I've tried it with two DVD's downloaded from two different mirrors and I'm getting the same thing so I figured that unless both mirrors have a broken DVD image, something else is going on but I have no clue as to what.

Can anyone help out?

Sidenote: the reason I'n trying to get it to work in Q is because the XServe is actually operational in a data center and I can't afford to take it offline for too long. The only other macs I have around here is an iMac G3 (not supported) and a MacBook Pro (on which I'm trying to get it to work in Q).
daenney
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation