ERROR FILE PLANNER CANNOT BE OPENED YDL V6

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

ERROR FILE PLANNER CANNOT BE OPENED YDL V6

Postby aubrey4444 » 08 Oct 2008, 10:11

HI,

Can anybody help half way through the installation OF YDL VERSION 6 and error box pops up saying

" THE FILE PLANNER 0.14-3.PPC.RPM CANNOT BE OPENED. THIS IS DUE TO MISSING FILE OR PERHAPS A CORRUPT PACKAGE."

but i have already verifyed the media in the ps3 and all was ok.

Also this is my second disc i have used to install both times same error

any help please

thanks in advance
aubrey4444
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: ERROR FILE PLANNER CANNOT BE OPENED YDL V6

Postby ppietro » 09 Oct 2008, 03:17

aubrey4444 wrote:HI,

Can anybody help half way through the installation OF YDL VERSION 6 and error box pops up saying

" THE FILE PLANNER 0.14-3.PPC.RPM CANNOT BE OPENED. THIS IS DUE TO MISSING FILE OR PERHAPS A CORRUPT PACKAGE."

but i have already verifyed the media in the ps3 and all was ok.

Also this is my second disc i have used to install both times same error

any help please

thanks in advance

Did you get around this? I noticed another posting from you on a different topic.

Assuming you didn't....and for other interested folks...

The best way to verify your disc is not from inside the installer, but running the SHA1SUM against the ISO you download. There should be a SHA1SUM key on the server you downloaded the ISO from. Run a local copy of SHA1SUM.exe against the ISO - it will generate a key which you then manually compare to the key on the server. If they match, you have a good download.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aubrey4444 » 09 Oct 2008, 19:10

HI,

HAVE NOT GOT ROUND THE PROBLEM i downloaded the iso from terrasoft this website so it should be ok.

do you know another link where i can download the ydl v6 iso that you is a good one.
aubrey4444
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 09 Oct 2008, 19:51

aubrey4444 wrote:HI,

HAVE NOT GOT ROUND THE PROBLEM i downloaded the iso from terrasoft this website so it should be ok.

do you know another link where i can download the ydl v6 iso that you is a good one.

Not necessarily - there's a lot of places during the download process outiside of Terrasoft's control where the image can be corrupted.

Did you run the Sha1sum on the file? That's the only way to be sure your download is good.

You might try downloading it from here:
http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/

Instructions for sha1sum:
http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/SHA1SUM-HOWTO

I've had good luck with this mirror. Again - be sure to run the sha1sum on the file if you download it from here.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation