Wifi help on 6.1

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Wifi help on 6.1

Postby flip » 29 Dec 2008, 06:20

I read around other forums and wanted to see if i can get a confirm that setting up wicd after installation would be the only way to make it work?

I tried searching for a fix to try to make it work, is there another solution around this problem?
flip
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: Wifi help on 6.1

Postby Taellik » 29 Dec 2008, 17:13

I had grief getting wireless to work !
Ended up with using a hardwire ethernet cable.
My Linksys wireless router WAP encription would not be recognized by YDL wcid utility, even though the PS3 finds it fine. Wcid just hangs when getting to the step for finding an IP address.

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
NO YDL 6.2 due to 3.21 firmware upgrade
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Location: Raleigh NC and God's Favorite Nation --> THE United States of America

Postby flip » 29 Dec 2008, 18:38

Have you tried setting it up wep ? Thats what i have setup but it seems no one wants to share thier secrets on how to make it work.. :|

i seen some threads say yea i got it working... but never a tut on how they got it to work people are saying they are using the old way of making it work what is the old way of making it work? i know it's by disabling wicd, then what ?

Can someone please brief me i am blind to this sort of thing.
flip
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby Taellik » 29 Dec 2008, 20:22

Can someone please brief me i am blind to this sort of thing.

Flip,

My Linksys wireless router has four (4) ports for hardwire connection so I just plugged one end of an etherenet cable into the PS3 and the other into one of the ports on the back of the router. The IP address was automatically assigned by the router since it bypassed the wireless encryption necessity and I was good to go with Firefox web browsing. ( damn You Tube won't play videos...still try to find a way to get that going ! )

The big snag with wireless seems to be IP address detection and/or secure encryption so no one can parasite off your wireless connection. ( nothing like having some parasite on your wireless to get kiddie pics and then you ending up getting arrested for it ! )

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
NO YDL 6.2 due to 3.21 firmware upgrade
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Location: Raleigh NC and God's Favorite Nation --> THE United States of America

Return to Installation