please help trouble installing YDL 6.1

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

please help trouble installing YDL 6.1

Postby blackout8 » 04 Jan 2009, 02:02

Trying to install YDL to an 80gb ps3 connected to hd tv follow the steps from tut. and gets to kboot screen and I type install_ps3_1080p or press enter to allow it to find resolution and i get an input/out put error?? could it be my .iso disc?? I reverted back to YDL ver. 5.0 and got a little bit further with install ran through kboot and graphical install rebooted as promted and back in kboot screen no command enters YDL GUI??? I would like to get either installed but rather 6.1 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
blackout8
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: please help trouble installing YDL 6.1

Postby ppietro » 04 Jan 2009, 08:30

blackout8 wrote:Trying to install YDL to an 80gb ps3 connected to hd tv follow the steps from tut. and gets to kboot screen and I type install_ps3_1080p or press enter to allow it to find resolution and i get an input/out put error?? could it be my .iso disc?? I reverted back to YDL ver. 5.0 and got a little bit further with install ran through kboot and graphical install rebooted as promted and back in kboot screen no command enters YDL GUI??? I would like to get either installed but rather 6.1 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Okay - two things to start here.

1. Verify your download with SHA1SUM. There should be instructions on how to do this on the mirror where you downloaded the ISO.

2. YDL 6.1 uses a different otheros.bld than 5.0. Make sure you install the correct otheros.bld from the PS3 GameOS using the Install OtherOS option from the XMB.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation