Blank screen HELP!

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Blank screen HELP!

Postby nick 252463 » 07 Jan 2009, 21:52

When i install Linox on my ps3 it gets up to the KBOOT bit then it keeps telling me that the file cant be found, evetually this dissappears onto a blank screen. but it just stays there even though the ps3 is still telling me that it is still reading the disk. after 2 hours of watching a blank screen i switched off the console removed my pen drive with the boot up files on and the dvd with linux on the i switched mu playstation 3 back on, again all of the install matrix came back up so i switched it back off and turned the power off then it just keeps doing the same and i dont know how to get it back to my navagation bar or in other words how do i cancel the installsion file?
NOTE* I HAVE A STANDARD DEFINITION TV
nick 252463
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Blank screen HELP!

Postby ppietro » 08 Jan 2009, 01:49

nick 252463 wrote:When i install Linox on my ps3 it gets up to the KBOOT bit then it keeps telling me that the file cant be found, evetually this dissappears onto a blank screen. but it just stays there even though the ps3 is still telling me that it is still reading the disk. after 2 hours of watching a blank screen i switched off the console removed my pen drive with the boot up files on and the dvd with linux on the i switched mu playstation 3 back on, again all of the install matrix came back up so i switched it back off and turned the power off then it just keeps doing the same and i dont know how to get it back to my navagation bar or in other words how do i cancel the installsion file?
NOTE* I HAVE A STANDARD DEFINITION TV

To restart the installation, try this: When you get to the kboot: prompt, hit the tab key, and select install_ps3_480i .

To bypass the installation, and go back to the XMB, power off the PS3. Then, turn it on by holding down the Soft Power switch on the front until it beeps twice. This should reset the parameter RAM back to PS3 GameOS, 480i.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nick 252463 » 08 Jan 2009, 18:08

Yeah iv been told that but when i press TAB the only options that come up are: install, installtext, rescue, rescuetext but when i press enter it keeps telling me that it cant find a certain file, is there any war of formatting the whole HDD from the linux kboot prompt

Thanx
Nick.

the install, installtext, rescue, rescuetext error message is:/init eval: 1: install:not found

when i do ydltext it says: /init eval: 1: /dev/sr0/ppc/ppc64/vmlinux-ps3: not found
nick 252463
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby nick 252463 » 08 Jan 2009, 18:44

hey again, i have sorted this out, for anyone else who is having this problam, when on the kboot prompt, hold the power button for 10 seconds, leave the ps3 system off for 5 seconds the hold down thw power button down untill tou hear the SECOND beep the you have the game os
this works, thank god!!!
thanx
Nick.
nick 252463
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 08 Jan 2009, 18:47

nick 252463 wrote:Yeah iv been told that but when i press TAB the only options that come up are: install, installtext, rescue, rescuetext but when i press enter it keeps telling me that it cant find a certain file, is there any war of formatting the whole HDD from the linux kboot prompt

Yeah - just boot with the YDL 6.1 DVD in the drive. That will change the kboot: options, and allow you to re-install/re-format.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation