YDL & PS3 help

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

YDL & PS3 help

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 02:18

I need serious help i downloaded ydl 6.1 earlier today from terrasoft website. I saved the file to my computer and burnt it to a dvd. When i insert it into my ps3 my ps3 won't read the disc or even load it up. i reformatted the hard drive setting 10gb for other system. I watched videos on yutube and the guy said just download ydl from the webite put it on a dvd and thats it but it isn't working like that for me i even went to my system seting install other os the try to scan for ydl and it just says no applicable installer found.
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL & PS3 help

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 04:04

kenneth.perkins wrote:I need serious help i downloaded ydl 6.1 earlier today from terrasoft website. I saved the file to my computer and burnt it to a dvd.

Two questions.

1. Did you verify your download with SHA1SUM? There should be instructions on how to do that on the server where you downloaded the ISO.

2. Did you just burn the ISO to a disc? That is incorrect. You have to create the disc from the ISO image. If you're running windows, there's a program called IMGBURN that works remarkably well for this.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 04:23

ppietro wrote:
kenneth.perkins wrote:I need serious help i downloaded ydl 6.1 earlier today from terrasoft website. I saved the file to my computer and burnt it to a dvd.

Two questions.

1. Did you verify your download with SHA1SUM? There should be instructions on how to do that on the server where you downloaded the ISO.

2. Did you just burn the ISO to a disc? That is incorrect. You have to create the disc from the ISO image. If you're running windows, there's a program called IMGBURN that works remarkably well for this.

Cheers,
Paul

hey paul yea im new to this first off no i didn't verify my download where would i do that at I'm way new to this stuff and second yes i just burnt the iso using burn aware free thats what a guy told me on youtube is just to download the file from terrasoft and burn to a disc. If there is a way for you to help me verifying the download and building the disc i would greatly appreciate it, yes I'm running windows and i just downloaded imgburn. I have no idea what i'm doing.
Last edited by kenneth.perkins on 22 Jan 2009, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 04:29

kenneth.perkins wrote:hey paul yea im new to this first off no i didn't verify my download where would i do that at

I actually told you that in my previous post :)

ppietro wrote:There should be instructions on how to do that on the server where you downloaded the ISO.

Look for a file called SHA1SUM-HOWTO.

kenneth.perkins wrote:I'm way new to this stuff and second yes i just burnt the iso thats what a guy told me on youtube is just to download the file from terrasoft and burn to a disc. If there is a way for you to help me verifying the download and building the disc i would greatly appreciate it, yes I'm running windows but have no idea where to find IMGBURN. I have no idea what i'm doing.

To find IMGBURN:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt= ... n&aq=f&oq=

Detailed installation instructions are on the Fixstars website:
http://us.fixstars.com/support/installation/

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation