Having trouble burning YDL 6.1 ISO to a disc

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Re: Having trouble burning YDL 6.1 ISO to a disc

Postby JustACityBoy » 30 Jan 2009, 02:43

DVD + R don't work for me, and i see DVD-R's don't write for my typical drive from the link above but I might as well get a single DVD-R and a single DVD+RW...

I'll prolly end up buying the $50 disc if this last option doesn't work.... unbelievable! :roll:
JustACityBoy
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 30 Jan 2009, 02:55

JustACityBoy wrote:DVD + R don't work for me, and i see DVD-R's don't write for my typical drive from the link above but I might as well get a single DVD-R and a single DVD+RW...

I'll prolly end up buying the $50 disc if this last option doesn't work.... unbelievable! :roll:

You know, DVD burners are probably cheaper than $50 dollars now. I'm just sayin'.

DVD+RW might work. DVD+R don't work for you at all? Based on what I read in billb's post, I'd now suggest trying a DVD+R.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustACityBoy » 30 Jan 2009, 03:26

so far guys i have used dvd-rw and dvd+r and both dont work.... tom. i will try dvd -r and dvd +rw and let you know how it goes.... i wouldnt think that my dvd burner would get OLD on me and not work for specific burns, but i guess technology screws us all in the end.
JustACityBoy
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 30 Jan 2009, 03:35

JustACityBoy wrote:so far guys i have used dvd-rw and dvd+r and both dont work.... tom. i will try dvd -r and dvd +rw and let you know how it goes.... i wouldnt think that my dvd burner would get OLD on me and not work for specific burns, but i guess technology screws us all in the end.

Wait though - when you tried the DVD+R, were you using IMGBURN on the "write" screen per our posts above? It seemed like there was some confusion about your disc burning.

I don't think your drive will support DVD-R - not without some work.

Just to be clear: You're using a SHA1SUM verified ISO downloaded file. You're using blank, single layer, DVD+R media. You're using IMGBURN, with the DVD+R in your drive, and selecting "Write image file to disc". And - you're saying this doesn't work?

(It's okay if it doesn't - I just want to make sure I understand what you've tried.)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustACityBoy » 30 Jan 2009, 05:51

ppietro wrote:
JustACityBoy wrote:so far guys i have used dvd-rw and dvd+r and both dont work.... tom. i will try dvd -r and dvd +rw and let you know how it goes.... i wouldnt think that my dvd burner would get OLD on me and not work for specific burns, but i guess technology screws us all in the end.

Wait though - when you tried the DVD+R, were you using IMGBURN on the "write" screen per our posts above? It seemed like there was some confusion about your disc burning.

I don't think your drive will support DVD-R - not without some work.

Just to be clear: You're using a SHA1SUM verified ISO downloaded file. You're using blank, single layer, DVD+R media. You're using IMGBURN, with the DVD+R in your drive, and selecting "Write image file to disc". And - you're saying this doesn't work?

(It's okay if it doesn't - I just want to make sure I understand what you've tried.)

Cheers,
Paul

Yes to above statement.... weird, i know! confused, i am! FRUSRATED.... o lordie!!!! haha ill buy some new dvd+r's and see what happens. Wish me luck!
JustACityBoy
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby spyderdyne » 30 Jan 2009, 20:22

I have had the same issue before. Although they are often more expensive, CD/DVD+ media are compatible with more devices. I swear by them now after a nightmare I had about a Sony DVD Rewriter a few years ago.
spyderdyne
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby JustACityBoy » 30 Jan 2009, 22:06

Hey guys, I was looking at the dvd burners and yeah they are cheap but I was also thinking what is a good laptop to go with nowadays... I am in need of a new pc and I can throw/sell this old laptop to someone. Any suggestions? Sony? Apple? What brands to look into...
JustACityBoy
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Got it to work!!! YAY!

Postby JustACityBoy » 05 Feb 2009, 23:01

Well I am staying with my sister for a while because I just moved to the area but anyway, noticed she had a desktop pc that ha a DVD burner, so had to re install ydl 6.1 and Imgburn and burn aware. It downloaded successfully and was the right copy so i tried and used the same DVD+r disc as before on Imgburn; no luck! Burn Aware; worked! Happy I finally got it onto a disc! Stress reliever for sure... As soon as I get the rest of my things up here (wireless keyboard/mouse) I will install ydl and let you guys know how things go... Thanks for the responses!

p.s Still wanting a new laptop pc tho, been looking at the sony vaio's they look clean + legite! So saving up for a new laptop!
Jeff
JustACityBoy
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Previous

Return to Installation