install 6.1 on ps3 freezes at keyboard language selection

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

install 6.1 on ps3 freezes at keyboard language selection

Postby avp689 » 25 Feb 2009, 00:27

I have no idea what is wrong I have tried switching keyboards...burning multiple CDs even went back to 6.0 it cotinues to freeze I have done full HD reformats...any suggestions
avp689
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: install 6.1 on ps3 freezes at keyboard language selection

Postby ppietro » 25 Feb 2009, 00:48

avp689 wrote:I have no idea what is wrong I have tried switching keyboards...burning multiple CDs even went back to 6.0 it cotinues to freeze I have done full HD reformats...any suggestions

Have you verified your ISO download? That's the first thing to check.

We use SHA1SUM to verify the download. You can download SHA1SUM clients for various platforms (windows, Mac OS, etc.). Run the SHA1SUM on your downloaded ISO. Then, on the website mirror you downloaded the ISO from, you will find a SHA1SUM file with a number in it.

The output of your SHA1SUM program on your ISO and the number in the file on the mirror should match. If they don't you have a bad download.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jaguu4real » 05 Apr 2009, 09:12

Hi paul, am having the same problem. but i used the same cd to install it on a friends ps3. and it works. As for mine, i can neither go further with the installation nor go back go the xmb to play my ps3 games.

Please help.
jaguu4real
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 05 Apr 2009, 13:31

jaguu4real wrote:Hi paul, am having the same problem. but i used the same cd to install it on a friends ps3. and it works. As for mine, i can neither go further with the installation nor go back go the xmb to play my ps3 games.

Please help.

To get back to the XMB to play PS3 games - power off the console completely. Flip the main power switch in the back off then on. Then, hold down the front "soft-power" switch for about 5-7 seconds. You should hear a beep, then 5 seconds later another beep.

This will reset the PS3's parameter RAM, and switch you back to the GameOS with SDTV settings. If you're using HDMI or other video, you'll have to reselect it.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation