Can't get PS3 Wireless to work

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Can't get PS3 Wireless to work

Postby Neill » 30 Mar 2009, 19:08

[MODERATOR EDIT: We ask that users not piggyback on posts. This is a new issue, so it needs a new post. I've gone ahead and split this off for you. Also - it's best if you file separate posts for separate questions. There are many users on this forum, each with their own areas of expertise. Keeping the posts simple insure you get quick answers. - Paul]

This is my first post so all help is appreciated.... I have just installed Yellow Dog Linux on my PS3 and cannot connect to my wireless access point. I have Googled it a hundred times or more and cannot find a simple answer to my problem. During the installation process I set the option for a DYNAMIC IP USER WITH WIRELESS, entered my SSID and then the WEP encryption code and still no luck. The network manager in YDL 6.1 registers my router but keeps saying no connection. Anyone know a simple solution to this as I am a complete NOOB so a idiots guide to solving it would be appreciated. Also do I need the firewall in YDL enabled and as mentioned by another poster how do I avoid using the ROOT account if I simply want to surf the internet. Sorry about the overkill of questions but I really want to get Yellow Dog up and running properly. Thanks in advance.
Neill
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Can't get PS3 Wireless to work

Postby ppietro » 30 Mar 2009, 22:01

Neill wrote:This is my first post so all help is appreciated.... I have just installed Yellow Dog Linux on my PS3 and cannot connect to my wireless access point.

Start here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4534

and here:
viewtopic.php?t=3399

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation