SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Postby bmac91 » 07 Apr 2009, 21:32

so...im trying to install ydl 6.1 on my 80gb ps3 and i download the iso and put it on a blank dvd and i formatted my ps3 allot 10gb to the other os then i put the disk in then i go to install other os and i install it then go to default system and other os then it brings me up to kboot and i type in "install_ps3_1080p" (thats the resolution i use) then it says audio/output error or something like that then i try all the other ones and it still says that

so i dont know what to do....someone please help????
bmac91
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Postby billb » 07 Apr 2009, 21:57

If you need to get back to the "GameOS" just type game at the kboot prompt.

Regarding the install error, it would be best to check the sha1sum on the .iso you downloaded (see the README post in the Playstation 3 forum for instructions) to make sure it's OK. Also, if you're using a Windows system to burn the DVD, try using imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com) with the verify option checked.

Also unplug any USB devices except for your USB keyboard/mouse before installing.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bmac91 » 07 Apr 2009, 22:17

billb wrote:If you need to get back to the "GameOS" just type game at the kboot prompt.

Regarding the install error, it would be best to check the sha1sum on the .iso you downloaded (see the README post in the Playstation 3 forum for instructions) to make sure it's OK. Also, if you're using a Windows system to burn the DVD, try using imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com) with the verify option checked.

Also unplug any USB devices except for your USB keyboard/mouse before installing.

I tried typing in game to go back and it wouldnt work. I used imgburn with verify option checked and the iso is ok i checked it too. Bit it still wont let ne install it
bmac91
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby billb » 07 Apr 2009, 23:49

Hmm ... I better check to see if game works or not on the YDL 6.1 bootloader ...

Other than using that, you can turn off the PS3 using the switch on the back, then on again, then hold down the front power button for about 5 seconds which will reset the audio/video and boot settings back to default (this is also mentioned in the README post on the Playstation 3 sub forum).

Not sure why the install isn't working for you.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bmac91 » 08 Apr 2009, 00:02

billb wrote:Hmm ... I better check to see if game works or not on the YDL 6.1 bootloader ...

Other than using that, you can turn off the PS3 using the switch on the back, then on again, then hold down the front power button for about 5 seconds which will reset the audio/video and boot settings back to default (this is also mentioned in the README post on the Playstation 3 sub forum).

Not sure why the install isn't working for you.

well i just tried game again and it worked but when i put in the other commands to determine the resolution it says error
bmac91
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby LongBeachKing » 16 Apr 2009, 17:35

Iam havin the same problem....when i type in install_ps3_1080p i get an error message
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 16 Apr 2009, 19:16

LongBeachKing wrote:Iam havin the same problem....when i type in install_ps3_1080p i get an error message

Try using the TAB key to select it - sometimes typing it directly doesn't work.

If it isn't presented as a TAB option, you may have burned the install disc incorrectly, or the PS3 can't read it for some reason.

Remember - you need to create the disc *from* the ISO, not burn the ISO to disc. :)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bmac91 » 16 Apr 2009, 23:57

ok...so im up and running the 6.1
i got the wireless set up good :D
the internet is working perfectly but when i try and install snes9x-gtx it says i dont have internet connection
if someone can please help that has already put emulators on their ps3 running 6.1 the help would be much appreciated :)
bmac91
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby LongBeachKing » 17 Apr 2009, 10:27

bmac91 wrote:ok...so im up and running the 6.1
i got the wireless set up good :D
the internet is working perfectly but when i try and install snes9x-gtx it says i dont have internet connection
if someone can please help that has already put emulators on their ps3 running 6.1 the help would be much appreciated :)

Good to hear you got it working. what did you do? because iam suffering from the same problem that you had.
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby LongBeachKing » 17 Apr 2009, 10:29

ppietro wrote:
LongBeachKing wrote:Iam havin the same problem....when i type in install_ps3_1080p i get an error message

Try using the TAB key to select it - sometimes typing it directly doesn't work.

If it isn't presented as a TAB option, you may have burned the install disc incorrectly, or the PS3 can't read it for some reason.

Remember - you need to create the disc *from* the ISO, not burn the ISO to disc. :)

Cheers,
Paul

I can use the TAB key and the SHA1SUM number matches....And what would it look like if i burned it incorrectly because i can see a bunch of other files on the dvd rw
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 17 Apr 2009, 18:50

LongBeachKing wrote:I can use the TAB key and the SHA1SUM number matches....And what would it look like if i burned it incorrectly because i can see a bunch of other files on the dvd rw

Did you really use a DVD-RW? That might be the issue. The PS3 is pretty finicky about media. Try using a DVD-R instead.

Also - you might try a program called IMGBURN to create the DVD-R. Folks around the forum have had pretty good luck with that one. Use the "write image to disc" option.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LongBeachKing » 18 Apr 2009, 13:10

ppietro wrote:
LongBeachKing wrote:I can use the TAB key and the SHA1SUM number matches....And what would it look like if i burned it incorrectly because i can see a bunch of other files on the dvd rw

Did you really use a DVD-RW? That might be the issue. The PS3 is pretty finicky about media. Try using a DVD-R instead.

Also - you might try a program called IMGBURN to create the DVD-R. Folks around the forum have had pretty good luck with that one. Use the "write image to disc" option.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks paul. imma try it out right now :shock:
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby LongBeachKing » 18 Apr 2009, 17:12

Alright i got it working!!!!!! YAY! but how do i get VLC player on there to watch hi def movies from evternal hard drive...and i need codecs?!?!?!
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2009, 17:50

LongBeachKing wrote:Alright i got it working!!!!!! YAY! but how do i get VLC player on there to watch hi def movies from evternal hard drive...and i need codecs?!?!?!

VLC can be installed if you add the extra repos as detailed here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3017

Be aware that you may experience playback issues if you're trying to play true hi-def movies. Due to the PS3's hypervisor, only unaccelerated video (framebuffer) video is available. This hasn't done so well with videos over DVD resolution.

You can also use the repos to add gstreamer-plugins-ugly and gstreamer-plugins-bad - this should take care of most of your codec needs.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LongBeachKing » 23 Apr 2009, 17:48

ppietro wrote:
LongBeachKing wrote:Alright i got it working!!!!!! YAY! but how do i get VLC player on there to watch hi def movies from evternal hard drive...and i need codecs?!?!?!

VLC can be installed if you add the extra repos as detailed here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3017

Be aware that you may experience playback issues if you're trying to play true hi-def movies. Due to the PS3's hypervisor, only unaccelerated video (framebuffer) video is available. This hasn't done so well with videos over DVD resolution.

You can also use the repos to add gstreamer-plugins-ugly and gstreamer-plugins-bad - this should take care of most of your codec needs.

Cheers,
Paul

do i need the internet on my ps3 to install all these repos?
LongBeachKing
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Next

Return to Installation