I´m stuck in the kboot

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

I´m stuck in the kboot

Postby soltonatural » 15 Apr 2009, 21:23

Hi everybody, first off all I didn´t format my ps3 before trying to install the yellow dog, and now I know that was very stupid. So I´m stuck in the kboot screen, I tried the "game" command and that appears on screen 'ERROR: can't change boot flag' . So I held my finger on the front power "button" for 5 seconds, nothing happens, the lights just flash, but the ps3 doesn´t reboot, I have to turn off the PS3 using the switch on the back. It would be great if I could go back to the ps3 Os...I´m scared, please help me :roll:
soltonatural
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: I´m stuck in the kboot

Postby ppietro » 15 Apr 2009, 21:34

soltonatural wrote:Hi everybody, first off all I didn´t format my ps3 before trying to install the yellow dog, and now I know that was very stupid. So I´m stuck in the kboot screen, I tried the "game" command and that appears on screen 'ERROR: can't change boot flag' . So I held my finger on the front power "button" for 5 seconds, nothing happens, the lights just flash, but the ps3 doesn´t reboot, I have to turn off the PS3 using the switch on the back. It would be great if I could go back to the ps3 Os...I´m scared, please help me :roll:

Turn off the PS3 with the switch at the back.

Turn on the PS3 with the switch on the back.

Hold down the front power switch.

It will beep once.

Keep holding down the front power switch.

It will beep again.

Let go of the switch.

At this point, the PS3's parameter RAM should be reset, and you should be back to the GameOS with default video settings.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation