6.1 Installation Problem

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

6.1 Installation Problem

Postby nocode » 18 Apr 2009, 02:36

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install the latest version 6.1 on my PS3 (with all updates) and I'm running into a problem that has happened with 10GB to other OS and 10GB to PS3 so I'm guessing it's a disk problem, but wanted to confirm.

Basically, everything loads up and I'm selecting all the install options. Right after the format, I get this error message:

"The file filesystem-2.4.0-1.ydl.1.ppc.rpm cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package. Please verify your installation images and that you have all the required media."

I did use IMGBURN, but I used Auto burn settings and did not verify. :(

Just wanted to double check.

2nd question, I mainly want to use this to rip some of my blu-ray movies. I have an external harddrive that I can use to store the data, so would using "10GB to other OS" work okay? I don't store movies or music on my PS3, but I can see myself downloading games in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Byron
nocode
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: 6.1 Installation Problem

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2009, 06:09

nocode wrote:Hey guys,

I'm trying to install the latest version 6.1 on my PS3 (with all updates) and I'm running into a problem that has happened with 10GB to other OS and 10GB to PS3 so I'm guessing it's a disk problem, but wanted to confirm.

Basically, everything loads up and I'm selecting all the install options. Right after the format, I get this error message:

"The file filesystem-2.4.0-1.ydl.1.ppc.rpm cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package. Please verify your installation images and that you have all the required media."

I did use IMGBURN, but I used Auto burn settings and did not verify. :(

Just wanted to double check.

2nd question, I mainly want to use this to rip some of my blu-ray movies. I have an external harddrive that I can use to store the data, so would using "10GB to other OS" work okay? I don't store movies or music on my PS3, but I can see myself downloading games in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Byron

Did you SHA1SUM verify the ISO you downloaded? I'd try that first. Instructions should be in the directory you downloaded the ISO from.

As for your 2nd question - the internal hard disc is prevented from accessing encrypted sectors on the Blu-ray drive by the PS3 hypervisor. Unless you have a 2nd external blu-ray drive, you won't be able to do this. Therefore, 10 gigs should be fine for what you're trying to do.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation