Didn't created user account

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Didn't created user account

Postby ahmetbiber » 19 May 2009, 17:27

Hi,
While i install ydl 6.1 to my ps3, it passed through the creating user account step. Then when i want to login the system, it asks username and password. I don't login with my root password. And also i haven't a default account. So it asks from me that it didn't create account's password. How can i create a new account when i can't enter the system? On the other hand, if want re-install, it will not ask me creating account. How can i stop the passing creating default user step during the re-install?
Thanks...
ahmetbiber
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Didn't created user account

Postby ppietro » 20 May 2009, 08:04

ahmetbiber wrote:Hi,
While i install ydl 6.1 to my ps3, it passed through the creating user account step. Then when i want to login the system, it asks username and password. I don't login with my root password. And also i haven't a default account. So it asks from me that it didn't create account's password. How can i create a new account when i can't enter the system? On the other hand, if want re-install, it will not ask me creating account. How can i stop the passing creating default user step during the re-install?
Thanks...

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, so I'll just post a couple of thoughts.

First, if you're performing a text install, you will never get prompted to create a standard user account, only a root account password. A graphic install will ask for a root password during the first part of the install, then prompt you to create a standard user after the reboot during the second part of the install.

Second, you should have been prompted to enter a root password, regardless if you did a graphical or text installation. Since the system has a root password, you can use a username of root and the root password you entered during the install to log into the system. If you have the GUI running, you can use the "User and Groups" tool to create a standard user.

If you only have text mode, you can create a normal user with the useradd command. You'll probably have to use the passwd command to assign the password to the user you create with the useradd command. You can use man useradd and man passwd for more information.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. BTW - if you are performing text installs, there are instructions on how to set up the graphics mode here: http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... to-5.shtml
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation