ydl 6.2 for PS3 stops at kboot prompt

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

ydl 6.2 for PS3 stops at kboot prompt

Postby amok » 20 Jul 2009, 03:38

I installed 6.2 yesterday. It seemed to work fine. I used it for an hour or so before going to bed. Today when I turn it on, it stops at kboot prompt. All I know is install commands and boot_game_os. Am I missing something? Before it would time out and continue booting. I'll probably try reinstalling it, but, I assume it will just do the same thing again. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong...
amok
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: ydl 6.2 for PS3 stops at kboot prompt

Postby ppietro » 20 Jul 2009, 08:07

amok wrote:I installed 6.2 yesterday. It seemed to work fine. I used it for an hour or so before going to bed. Today when I turn it on, it stops at kboot prompt. All I know is install commands and boot_game_os. Am I missing something? Before it would time out and continue booting. I'll probably try reinstalling it, but, I assume it will just do the same thing again. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong...

First things first. Did you leave the install disc in the drive? Make sure the install DVD isn't in the drive - otherwise, kboot: will try to read the yaboot.conf from the DVD before your hard disc.

If that's not the case, did you edit your /etc/yaboot.conf? An incorrectly formatted yaboot.conf will cause this error too. You can fix the yaboot.conf from the kboot: prompt - you should be able to type in limited Unix commands from there. Sadly, you would have to use the text editor vi to fix any problems with /etc/yaboot.conf.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ydl 6.2 for PS3 stops at kboot prompt

Postby amok » 20 Jul 2009, 12:00

Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply, however, I think my problem may have been caused by a noob mistake. I left a thumb drive and flash card in when I did the install. I had taken them out when the kboot problem occurred. I reinstalled last night with nothing attached, and I think that took care of the problem. Thanks again for your help.
amok
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation