Loosing signal to TV after bootloader

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Loosing signal to TV after bootloader

Postby BrettyB88 » 25 Aug 2009, 06:43

Hey everyone, hows it going?

I'm trying to install YDL 6.2 onto my 80GB PS3 (the one that was bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4) - which is hooked up to a Sony Bravia M-Series 26" 720p TV using HDMI - but I keep getting this problem. I followed the installation instructions to the tee, but I keep loosing the PS3's signal to my TV right after I enter install_ps3_720p at the kboot part. I've tried over and over, but I just keep loosing the signal.
Do you think this is a problem with YDL on my PS3, or is it my TV? I hope I can fix this, because I purchased a external harddrive just for this :/

Thanks!
BrettyB88
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Loosing signal to TV after bootloader

Postby ppietro » 25 Aug 2009, 06:59

BrettyB88 wrote:Hey everyone, hows it going?

I'm trying to install YDL 6.2 onto my 80GB PS3 (the one that was bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4) - which is hooked up to a Sony Bravia M-Series 26" 720p TV using HDMI - but I keep getting this problem. I followed the installation instructions to the tee, but I keep loosing the PS3's signal to my TV right after I enter install_ps3_720p at the kboot part. I've tried over and over, but I just keep loosing the signal.
Do you think this is a problem with YDL on my PS3, or is it my TV? I hope I can fix this, because I purchased a external harddrive just for this :/

Thanks!

Do you have the Sony A/V Component cables around - instead of the HDMI cables? We've found that, in rare instances, folks can install with the component cables, then switch to HDMI when they're done.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loosing signal to TV after bootloader

Postby BrettyB88 » 25 Aug 2009, 07:09

Hmm, I might have my old set of component cables laying around still, I'll go look for them (or buy them again if I can't find them). Thanks!
BrettyB88
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation