install help/username

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

install help/username

Postby alateralus88 » 26 Aug 2009, 04:18

yld 6.2 for ps3 installation question

Hey guys thanks in advance for answering the following question. First a background on the whole process. The installation was actually smooth except for the whole keyboard thing. Mouse always worked no matter what, but the keyboard gave me alot of problems. I was using initially a microsoft 3000 wireless keyboard and it would get stuck and not even load the the linux install. I managed to get around this by using my alienware cable keyboard so i manage to write a password so i could install the whole thing. here is my questions let me know if im screwed.

so i got to the inital username part where you have to decide a username and all that. I DID NOT PUT USERNAME, i skipped it cause my keyboards were not working. So now im stuck in the logging screen without a username. When i clicked to go ahead w/o a user name it told me that i would have to do it as administrative- can someone explain and tell me how i can get through this. Thanks
alateralus88
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: install help/username

Postby billb » 26 Aug 2009, 05:20

Just log in with the username "root" then set up a username (Applications -> System Tools -> Users and Groups in the GUI). If you don't have your root password you can set that using the instructions found under "Root passwd" here:

http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... sswd.shtml
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation