Trying to create a YDL USB live flash drive

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Trying to create a YDL USB live flash drive

Postby netgeneration » 23 Sep 2009, 18:54

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can create a bootable, Live USB drive with YDL 6.2 installed on it, so that I can run this, without installing on my machine. I'm guessing this is what fixstars supplies in the form of a 16GB flash drive?

Is there anyone who knows how I could go about doing this so I can test YDL and also then take the drive round to my friends, boot into it and show them what YDL is all about? I've done this with Ubuntu and Fedora as they have a function for creating a a live USB drive but so far with YDL, I've had no information on how to do it.

I have looked everywhere on this forum and googled for this but haven't found a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
netgeneration
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Trying to create a YDL USB live flash drive

Postby ppietro » 23 Sep 2009, 19:02

netgeneration wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can create a bootable, Live USB drive with YDL 6.2 installed on it, so that I can run this, without installing on my machine. I'm guessing this is what fixstars supplies in the form of a 16GB flash drive?

Is there anyone who knows how I could go about doing this so I can test YDL and also then take the drive round to my friends, boot into it and show them what YDL is all about? I've done this with Ubuntu and Fedora as they have a function for creating a a live USB drive but so far with YDL, I've had no information on how to do it.

I have looked everywhere on this forum and googled for this but haven't found a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as we know, the only way to do it is to buy a live USB drive from Fixstars directly. There doesn't appear to be a USB image on the mirrors.

billb - do you have any insight into this question?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to create a YDL USB live flash drive

Postby billb » 23 Sep 2009, 23:57

I've looked into it before but wasn't successful the last time I tried it. I've installed YDL 6.1 to a USB drive before but was unable to get it to boot ... it might be something that requires a slight modification, but I'm really not sure.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation