Wireless Network & Resolution Change Questions

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Wireless Network & Resolution Change Questions

Postby Janks01 » 05 Oct 2009, 03:11

Ok sorry for all the topics tonight but i dont think i can close my old ones...

anyway, ive finally finished with this install of YDL 6.2.

1) I'm having trouble connecting to my wireless network. Ive typed the correct WPA2 key for my network but it just will not connect. Now im not sure if there is something i need to do beforehand to get the wireless networking to work or if it has anything to do with me putting incorrect network settings during the install.
(i Put DHCP auto configuration and like IPV4 if i remember correctly). How can i get connected?

2) During the install i could not do it at 720p which is the resolution that my tv (samsung HPT5064) supports. So i'm currently in 480i. How can i switch, if even, to the higher resolution?

thanks for all the help guys =)
Janks01
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Wireless Network & Resolution Change Questions

Postby ppietro » 05 Oct 2009, 06:43

Janks01 wrote:1) I'm having trouble connecting to my wireless network. Ive typed the correct WPA2 key for my network but it just will not connect. Now im not sure if there is something i need to do beforehand to get the wireless networking to work or if it has anything to do with me putting incorrect network settings during the install.
(i Put DHCP auto configuration and like IPV4 if i remember correctly). How can i get connected?

Yeah - if you entered network settings during the install, then wicd gets confused. You need to delete any entries in the Network Configuration control panel, and use wicd instead, since you're using WPA2. I have some steps here - See Scenario 3:

Wireless tips and tricks for YDL 6.1

Janks01 wrote:2) During the install i could not do it at 720p which is the resolution that my tv (samsung HPT5064) supports. So i'm currently in 480i. How can i switch, if even, to the higher resolution?

I think this is what you need to do:
Howto: PS3 Video (YDL 6)

That's from this post - which you should bookmark:
Please READ ME FIRST (known issues, useful links, and help)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation