error when installing

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

error when installing

Postby xzibiz » 28 Nov 2009, 21:24

I'm trying to install YDL 6.2 on my ps3 30GB with 2 usb in front.
After booting from dvd and choused 1080p, anaconda is starting and loading some files.
And this error comes up::

10Error 5 input/output error /dev/tty3

and i can no reboot safely.
what does it mean and how do i fix it ?

in the usb in front i've got a keyboard and an externet harddrive, that i used for backing up my savegames.
xzibiz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: error when installing

Postby ppietro » 28 Nov 2009, 23:42

xzibiz wrote:I'm trying to install YDL 6.2 on my ps3 30GB with 2 usb in front.
After booting from dvd and choused 1080p, anaconda is starting and loading some files.
And this error comes up::

10Error 5 input/output error /dev/tty3

and i can no reboot safely.
what does it mean and how do i fix it ?

in the usb in front i've got a keyboard and an externet harddrive, that i used for backing up my savegames.

Two things.

First - make sure your ISO downloaded correctly. You can verify it by running SHA1SUM on the ISO you downloaded. There should be a file called "SHA1SUM" on the server you downloaded the ISO from. This file contains the values you should get after you run the SHA1SUM program on your ISO.

http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/SHA1SUM
and
http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/SHA1SUM-HOWTO

Second - try removing the external hard drive before you install. Sometimes extra USB devices can confuse the installer. You can connect it again, once the installation is complete.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: error when installing

Postby litherum » 22 Aug 2010, 18:51

Hello,
Just wanted to say that I was having your same problem. I was using a Logitech G15 plugged into the PS3. When I tried using another keyboard, it worked just fine. Switching to a simpler keyboard solved the problem.

My guess is that the Logitech keyboard has some internal memory that looks like a hard drive, and the installer was getting confused. Thanks to ppietro for giving me the info on this problem.
litherum
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation