Newbie alert

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Newbie alert

Postby jdcrossed » 30 Nov 2009, 07:01

I am downloading ydl 6.1 on my 20 gig ps3 and i am geating as far as the first page with the penguins and i am typing in install_ps3_720p and it starts to load and then screen goes blank. The ps3 is remaining on but my tv is showing my aux channel, like the ps3 and tv arent connected please help if you can i was thinking that my video setting are the culpret let me know if im on the right track thank you all
jdcrossed
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Newbie alert

Postby ppietro » 30 Nov 2009, 11:39

jdcrossed wrote:I am downloading ydl 6.1 on my 20 gig ps3 and i am geating as far as the first page with the penguins and i am typing in install_ps3_720p and it starts to load and then screen goes blank. The ps3 is remaining on but my tv is showing my aux channel, like the ps3 and tv arent connected please help if you can i was thinking that my video setting are the culpret let me know if im on the right track thank you all

First of all - I gotta ask - does your TV support 720p? The penguins are displayed in 480i SD (Standard definition.) It sounds like your TV doesn't support HD. If it doesn't, you'll have to do a text install, then enable graphics afterwards, per these instructions:
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/yd ... to-5.shtml

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. This is for NTSC. If your TV is PAL based, the penguins would be 576i. :)
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jdcrossed » 30 Nov 2009, 20:44

srry for being dense but i went to the link and it tells me how to get out of a text intall but does not tell how to initialize the text install. could i trouble you guys for more help :)
jdcrossed
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby jdcrossed » 30 Nov 2009, 22:21

nevermind ive got the manuel lol who knew there was one haha thank u all for your help and dont be surprised if i come back needing more lol happy holidays
jdcrossed
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby jdcrossed » 01 Dec 2009, 01:45

k im back lol Heres the problem now when i get past the installation and i reboot i hit a brick wall. All of my directions say yaboot and my screen prompt is kboot so is there a difference in the process? If not i m am equally confused as to where to begin with the text/video change as per instructions i type in command on first line and hit enter for the second line and it gives me a error message Arrrggg im no programmer obviously but i had no idea how easy it is to confuse me haha
jordan
jdcrossed
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 01 Dec 2009, 02:23

jdcrossed wrote:when i get past the installation and i reboot i hit a brick wall. All of my directions say yaboot and my screen prompt is kboot so is there a difference in the process?

No - the directions are correct. However - before you reboot you need to take the installation DVD out of the drive. This will let the PS3 get past the kboot: step. It should only stay on kboot: for a couple of seconds before the 2nd stage bootloader kicks in. If it doesn't, you have the installer DVD in the drive, or you have other boot issues.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jdcrossed » 01 Dec 2009, 06:39

k im not getting any where with restarting in graphic mode i am going through the directions and things are happening they are just not happening the way the directions say. once i type in Xautoconfig it is saying 'wrote /etc/11/xorg.conf' then it says [root@jocorrb-]# it doesnt open a file for me to edit like directions say
also i made a mistake before in tell yall i was running 6.1 its actually 6.2
Thanks all
jdcrossed
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby billb » 01 Dec 2009, 06:55

It doesn't automatically open the file for you to edit -- they just neglected to include instructions for editing the file. Try these directions instead:

http://pleasantfiction.ipower.com/bodeg ... p?p=29#p29
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation