Help with install!!

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Help with install!!

Postby gcates7 » 06 Dec 2009, 00:22

So tonight was my ydl 6.2 install and i totally glazed over needing a usb keyboard. i have a bluetooth keyboard which is way i didn't pay much attention. It was suppose to have been the one easy thing about this. Anyway, when I got to the kboot prompt of course I couldn't tab to my resolution desired and it eventually timed out and took me to the blue linux page. is there anyway for me to get back to the kboot prompt from here to pick my resolution once I get a keyboard? Is it really gonna make a difference? My tv is 1080p and I''m assuming it defaulted to 480 or 720. HELP!!!!
gcates7
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Help with install!!

Postby gcates7 » 06 Dec 2009, 02:23

k, it's intalled onto my ps3. I don't know if it's using my full 1080p or not but it looks okay. I've got another question now. I backed up the hard drive of my ps3 and per some instructions I used from an install guide from Fixstars, I alloted 10 gb to the ps3 os and the rest for YDL. Now, when I go to restore my hard drive on my ps3 os it says there isn't enough space. How do I fix this? Or is it best to uninstall linux and change my allotment on a reinstall?
gcates7
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 06 Dec 2009, 02:44

gcates7 wrote:How do I fix this? Or is it best to uninstall linux and change my allotment on a reinstall?

There's no fix. You'll have to change your partitioning from the GameOS side. This will erase your Linux partition, necessitating a re-install.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby billb » 06 Dec 2009, 02:46

gcates7 wrote:k, it's intalled onto my ps3. I don't know if it's using my full 1080p or not but it looks okay. I've got another question now. I backed up the hard drive of my ps3 and per some instructions I used from an install guide from Fixstars, I alloted 10 gb to the ps3 os and the rest for YDL. Now, when I go to restore my hard drive on my ps3 os it says there isn't enough space. How do I fix this? Or is it best to uninstall linux and change my allotment on a reinstall?

I've complained about that recommendation in the official install guide before -- most users will actually want to do the opposite and give more space to the PS3/Game OS. To change it you'll need to format your drive again from the GameOS, choosing 10GB to the Other OS and giving the remainder to the PS3 OS (this will, in effect, "uninstall" Linux). Then restore your data and install YDL again.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gcates7 » 08 Dec 2009, 06:40

Thanks guys for all the help. I'm up and running. Time to start looking for fun things to do with YDL now!!
gcates7
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation