Problem with YUM

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Problem with YUM

Postby michaelpan » 14 Dec 2009, 21:53

Hi everybody, it my first post on this forum:)
I have problem with executing YUM command, like below:
Code: Select all
[root@ps3]# yum
import: unable to open X server `'.
import: unable to open X server `'.
/usr/bin/yum: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `1,'/usr/share/yum''
/usr/bin/yum: line 21: `sys.path.insert(1,'/usr/share/yum')'

im trying to install yum repo without any result, additionaly I install yum from sources, but it doesnt help, still not working.
Few days ago i installed another version of python lib - 2.6.2, but in my opinion is not a problem.
Please give me some advice.
Regards
michaelpan
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Problem with YUM

Postby ppietro » 15 Dec 2009, 00:41

michaelpan wrote:im trying to install yum repo without any result,

Were you trying to add a new repo? YDL ships with three repos enabled by default. If so, just delete/move the new repo, and it should be working. Unless you try to install yum from sources or something.

michaelpan wrote:additionaly I install yum from sources, but it doesnt help, still not working.

Umm....yeah.... now there might be some issues. Well - you'll probably still be good unless you installed another version of python

michaelpan wrote:Few days ago i installed another version of python lib - 2.6.2,

Wow - you're just making this as difficult as possible, aren't you? :D

First thing I would do is remove any extra repos you added. If you built yum from source, and it installed into /usr/local, uninstall it (make uninstall). Otherwise, we'll just have to leave that alone. If you can revert python, do that too. Be careful that this doesn't remove python from your system, though. You'll need some version of python to fix this.

Next, start troubleshooting here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4785&start=0

I fear you've introduced too much instability into your system by the steps you've taken. You may have to remove all of these things from your system, and reload yum directly from the RPMs on your 6.2 install disc.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. If anyone has any other ideas that can help, jump in. I'm not happy with what I'm being forced to suggest here - I'm hoping I'm missing something.
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with YUM

Postby michaelpan » 15 Dec 2009, 21:08

after few hours i have done it.
I simply delete using rpm -e python, after that i have installed python form original repo, also yum and python-devel and everything is ok.
Thanks for advice:)
Regards
michaelpan
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation