Installing YDL on my PS3

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Installing YDL on my PS3

Postby mistory2em@yahoo.com » 05 Jan 2010, 02:19

I have successfully installed yellow dog linux 6.2 on my PS3. However, I can't use my wireless PS3 controller to do anything after it boots. I would appreciate any help with the problem. Also, it takes a good ten minutes to boot after I start the program. Please help!!!
mistory2em@yahoo.com
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Installing YDL on my PS3

Postby ppietro » 05 Jan 2010, 02:55

mistory2em@yahoo.com wrote:I have successfully installed yellow dog linux 6.2 on my PS3. However, I can't use my wireless PS3 controller to do anything after it boots. I would appreciate any help with the problem. Also, it takes a good ten minutes to boot after I start the program. Please help!!!

We have many answers to PS3 beginners questions here:
Please READ ME FIRST (known issues, useful links, and help)

If you haven't updated your YDL 6.2 installation, there is a Bluetooth bug that might be affecting your controller. Bluetooth was broken in the kernel that shipped on the YDL 6.2 DVD, but was fixed via a YUM update. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6500&start=75#p34172

As for the 10 minute delay, I'm not sure why that is happening. One thing that can cause that is bad or missing network functionality. Linux tries to connect to the network when it starts. Also - if you have your Linux clock set to sync at boot, you might be trying to sync your clock before the network connection is established. You can turn that off in the Date & Time control panel.

Otherwise - you'll have to do a little sleuthing and see if you can figure out where the delay is. You can look at /var/log/messages (i.e. su -c "more /var/log/messages" ) after a boot and see if any errors are being recorded in there. The output of dmesg might yield some hints as well. (i.e. dmesg)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation