problem With PS3

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

problem With PS3

Postby ZX2_2008 » 23 Apr 2010, 05:47

i am attempting to install YDL on my PS3. i have printed the pdf instructions.
backed up my hard drive, and went to format and it does not give me the option to allot
a partition. just goes straight to the quick format or full format option. does anyone know
what is wrong.. thanks and also i have now noticed that there is no option to install another
OS.... it was there the last time i was looking through the system setting. would it have anything to do with updating to version 3.03
ZX2_2008
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: problem With PS3

Postby ppietro » 23 Apr 2010, 07:14

ZX2_2008 wrote:i am attempting to install YDL on my PS3. i have printed the pdf instructions.
backed up my hard drive, and went to format and it does not give me the option to allot
a partition. just goes straight to the quick format or full format option. does anyone know
what is wrong.. thanks and also i have now noticed that there is no option to install another
OS.... it was there the last time i was looking through the system setting. would it have anything to do with updating to version 3.03

I bet you updated to 3.30, not 3.03. If you updated to 3.30, then - yes - you can no longer use or install OtherOS. Sorry. :(

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ZX2_2008 » 23 Apr 2010, 18:40

that really sucks, wish i would have known that before i updated.
i was just following the instructions that said back up and update before installing YDL..
do you know why the new update disables that option???
ZX2_2008
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 23 Apr 2010, 19:52

ZX2_2008 wrote:that really sucks, wish i would have known that before i updated.
i was just following the instructions that said back up and update before installing YDL..
do you know why the new update disables that option???

See here:

OtherOS removed in Firmware update 3.21

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sfesfe » 04 May 2010, 10:52

ppietro wrote:
ZX2_2008 wrote:i am attempting to install YDL on my PS3. i have printed the pdf instructions.

I bet you updated to 3.30, not 3.03. If you updated to 3.30, then - yes - you can no longer use or install OtherOS. Sorry. :(

Cheers,
Paul

I also meet this problem, and my software version is 3.15. My disk is 250G
sfesfe
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 04 May 2010, 10:59

sfesfe wrote:I also meet this problem, and my software version is 3.15. My disk is 250G

Then you have a PS3 Slim, which never had the ability to load OtherOS.

Basically, there are only two reasons you don't have an ability to partition for Other OS:

1. You have a "phat" PS3 at GameOS revision 3.21 or higher. This has removed OtherOS
2. You have a PS3 Slim. Slims never had the ability for OtherOS.

Otherwise, you can partition for OtherOS, and you must have a different install issue.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation