Installing YDL on an external hardrive

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Installing YDL on an external hardrive

Postby andy_lowe02 » 17 Jun 2010, 04:58

Wondering if it is possible to install YDL onto an external hardrive? I have done my research and I know that other flavors of Linux will install and run on an external but is it possible with an external? I want to run the YDL on the external through my computer.I have made sure my BIOS on my computer are correct and I have a YDL 6.2 install DVD,but need more info on this first. I was running YDL 6.2 on my PS3 until Sony came out with firmware update 3.21 and it took away the OtherOS support for PS3. Now,I WILL find an alternative way. I'm thinking maybe just install it the same way as other Linux flavors with the install DVD,IDK. ANY info is GREATLY appreciated ladies and gentleman,PLEASE and THANK YOU!!!!
andy_lowe02
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Installing YDL on an external hardrive

Postby ppietro » 17 Jun 2010, 06:18

andy_lowe02 wrote:Wondering if it is possible to install YDL onto an external hardrive? I have done my research and I know that other flavors of Linux will install and run on an external but is it possible with an external? I want to run the YDL on the external through my computer.I have made sure my BIOS on my computer are correct and I have a YDL 6.2 install DVD,but need more info on this first. I was running YDL 6.2 on my PS3 until Sony came out with firmware update 3.21 and it took away the OtherOS support for PS3. Now,I WILL find an alternative way. I'm thinking maybe just install it the same way as other Linux flavors with the install DVD,IDK. ANY info is GREATLY appreciated ladies and gentleman,PLEASE and THANK YOU!!!!

Hiya!

Sorry - but we don't allow double posting of questions on our forums. Therefore, I'm locking this thread to further postings.

We'll go ahead and respond to your first post here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7459&p=38883#p38881

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation