Configuring static IP on YDL for CUDA

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Configuring static IP on YDL for CUDA

Postby miguelamda » 22 Dec 2010, 14:17

Hi,

I'm trying to install YDL for CUDA on our GPU server by using the installation DVD (4GB). Everything goes OK until when I have to configure the network interface eth0. We are using static IP, then, I enter the IP and the mask, but when I press <tab> to go to the next elements the installation application crashes with segmentation fault (it shows some numbers of the stack trace, and says that I can safely reboot the machine). How can I handle this error?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Miguel
miguelamda
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Configuring static IP on YDL for CUDA

Postby ppietro » 22 Dec 2010, 20:06

miguelamda wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to install YDL for CUDA on our GPU server by using the installation DVD (4GB). Everything goes OK until when I have to configure the network interface eth0. We are using static IP, then, I enter the IP and the mask, but when I press <tab> to go to the next elements the installation application crashes with segmentation fault (it shows some numbers of the stack trace, and says that I can safely reboot the machine). How can I handle this error?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Miguel

I'm away from my YDL for CUDA installation right now, so I can't troubleshoot too much right now.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you might try skipping the network configuration step during the setup, and configuring it afterwards.

The built-in network driver might not work with your hardware - you may have to load a separate driver. Remember - if you do, you'll need to load a 64-bit driver - YDL for CUDA doesn't really support 32 bit drivers.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation