YDLforCUDA: unable to read package metadata

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

YDLforCUDA: unable to read package metadata

Postby Sean9129 » 17 Feb 2011, 02:26

Hello:

I'm so intrested in YDL for CUDA, so I have downloaded YDLforCUDA-6.2.1-20100720.iso
and CHECKED on its SHA1 code CORRCETLY.

When I started installation, check the install media, it showed me the media has error.
I ignored it and continued with installation, but I got a error window:

Unable to read package metadata. This may due to a missing repodata directory.
Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated.
Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: anaconda-base-201007200421.x86_64.
Please verify its path and try again.

I tried to get YDLforCUDA-6.2.1-20100715.iso, checked on its SHA1 code correctly again,
but it shows the same windows, telling me identical sentence.
(changed into anaconda-base-201007151056.x86_64.)

Can someone give me methods to solve it? Thank you very much!
Sean9129
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDLforCUDA: unable to read package metadata

Postby ppietro » 17 Feb 2011, 03:17

Sean9129 wrote:I'm so intrested in YDL for CUDA, so I have downloaded YDLforCUDA-6.2.1-20100720.iso
and CHECKED on its SHA1 code CORRCETLY.

When I started installation, check the install media, it showed me the media has error.
I ignored it and continued with installation, but I got a error window:
Unable to read package metadata. This may due to a missing repodata directory.
Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated.
Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: anaconda-base-201007200421.x86_64.
Please verify its path and try again.

Two things immediately come to mind.

1. How are you burning the install media? If you have a Windows box, we recommend using a program called IMGBURN, which is available for free:
http://www.imgburn.com/

You need to pick the Write Image to Disc option. There are instructions here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

2. This is kind of a long shot, but one weird thing about YDL for CUDA is that it only installs on 64-bit Intel or AMD (i.e. x86_64) processors; I don't believe it has a 32-bit Intel target. This is speculation on my part, but you might get errors like that if your processor doesn't support 64 bit. (Also - you might see something like this if you're trying to install on a PowerPC-based Mac or Cell-based PS3.)

Frankly, I think some variant of #1 is your issue. If you're burning the DVD at high speeds, you might try using your software and doing a 1X burn.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation