Exiting Network Configuration

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Re: Exiting Network Configuration

Postby aguilarojo » 14 Nov 2011, 22:53

torryton wrote:Hi
Thanks for this nice work...
I'm having a problem:
After doing the installation and configuring the network I cannot move further:
How do I get out of the network configuration?
Best regards!

Hi torryton,

There are various versions of YDL which run on a variety of PowerPC systems. Before anyone can help you through the actual problem bothering you it would be helpful if you explain what computer you are running YDL on, and which version of YDL you are using. Are you attempting to use an Ethernet or wireless connection? Depending on how you answer those questions you'll receive different replies.

In the meantime, I completely understand that you may want an immediate answer. You can help yourself by using the YDL Community Board search capabilities to help you discover whether your question has been answered by someone here in another topic or thread. Here's what you do - notice that the YDL blue banner on the top of each page has a Search field. In the blank space right next to the Search button, type "network configuration" - without the quote marks, then press the Search button. You will see that a list of topics are selected for you which have either the word "network" or "configuration" mentioned in the discussions. You may be fortunate that some topics contain both "network" and "configuration" within the same sentence; explore those by selecting them so that you can read them and the responses to those topics more clearly. Eventually you may find what you are looking for. Remember, explore the queries and replies.

By the way, I hope that you don't mean that you can't find the exit or quit command within the Network Configuration interface. Perhaps you mean that your screen is locked in some fashion? If your screen is locked such that your screen is frozen, which means you can't access anything not even a Terminal -- that is a different problem entirely, which needs to be discussed/explored - after you've answered the above questions - first!

Remember also that in Linux, the interface is separate and distinct, from the application. The actual application is known as the system-config-network. In fact, from within any terminal you can start system-config-network by invoking it as either superuser or root.

Should you have any difficulty such that your system "hangs" or "freezes" you can recover easily by merely quitting the terminal (which means close the terminal window) from within which you invoked the command to execute system-config-network in the first place.

All the best...

Everything on the Earth has a purpose.
Every disease an herb to cure it.
And every person has a mission.
This is the Indian Theory of Existence.
-- Morning Dove, Salish (1888-1936)
aguilarojo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Installation