YDL install on PPC Mac: Transaction Failed: File Conflict

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

YDL install on PPC Mac: Transaction Failed: File Conflict

Postby Aviator45003 » 31 Jan 2013, 02:30

Hey World,

I'm installing to an Xserve G4 (40GB HDD in the 4th position). Every installation attempt ends with a thoroughly useless "Transaction Failed: File Conflict" error window, with a pretty "Restart" button that doesn't work.

Any advice? Yes, I am installing to the 40GB HDD, No, I can't make head nor tails of the partitioning tool included, and yes, YDL reformatted the entire disk.

Thanks,

Aviator 45003.
Aviator45003
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL install on PPC Mac: Transaction Failed: File Conflic

Postby Okano » 13 Feb 2013, 22:42

Aviator45003 wrote:Hey World,

I'm installing to an Xserve G4 (40GB HDD in the 4th position). Every installation attempt ends with a thoroughly useless "Transaction Failed: File Conflict" error window, with a pretty "Restart" button that doesn't work.

Any advice? Yes, I am installing to the 40GB HDD, No, I can't make head nor tails of the partitioning tool included, and yes, YDL reformatted the entire disk.

Thanks,

Aviator 45003.

During installation where it gives you the option to install additional packages do you select more than what is selected by default? I found that anytime I select more packages for installation there was a file conflict. For example when I selected developer tools or the xfce desktop environment I got the file conflict error. When I left it alone and didn't install any additional packages it installed fine.
Okano
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL install on PPC Mac: Transaction Failed: File Conflic

Postby Aviator45003 » 17 Mar 2013, 20:48

During installation where it gives you the option to install additional packages do you select more than what is selected by default? I found that anytime I select more packages for installation there was a file conflict. For example when I selected developer tools or the xfce desktop environment I got the file conflict error. When I left it alone and didn't install any additional packages it installed fine.

Thank you, I will try that! Thanks!
Aviator45003
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Installation