Two Questions

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Two Questions

Postby plbowler » 11 Oct 2004, 18:37

Just installed YDL 3.1 on a wallsterrt Powerbook G3 233 (2gig hd 96M ram)

Deabian owes me 35 hours of my life back :x

1. anyway, I can hear sounds fine events/test etc. but when I put in a CD I get no sounds, it plays, CDDB works, tracklists are correct but no music!!!!

The sound panel has everything turned up correctly, I'm stumped.

netBSD owes me 15 hours of my life back :cry:

2. I can't launch Mozilla!! I click it and nothing happens, I went all the way to the actual launch Icon (as opposed to the shortcuts and nothing!) I will get firefox eventually but YUM keeps discomnecteing me and I haven't had a chance to edit my server list for YUM.

BTW anyone know where I can find a list of YUM servers, and also where that files is??

Thanks in advance, I'm glad I got YDL installed, but I gotta get it to do everything OS 9.1 was doing or it's kinda pointless (Open Office not withstanding)

wireless PCMIA card will be the last hurdle (ok, maybe DVD player down the road)
plbowler
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 12 Oct 2004, 03:31

A few thins that will help what audio player are you using, what window manager/desktop eviroment are you using; and do you know which sound server your using?

Im a little suprised about the mozilla bit-if you have it installed try galeon (mozilla derivitave) And about the dvd player bit; you may or may not be able to do it. I have a ibook se (466mhz g3) and it couldnt quite keep up w/ dvd stuff-though i found that xine had the best codecs for it
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Postby plbowler » 12 Oct 2004, 13:42

sound works now.

although I accidently changed the resolution to 640x480 and now I can't change it back (It won't change after restarting the computer.

I also still can't get mozilla to start, how do I add sources to apt-get?
plbowler
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 12 Oct 2004, 15:51

id use yum over apt-get (it was depriciated in ydl 3.0); if your in kde you should be able to alter the res. under the system settings menu
StarKnight83

Postby plbowler » 12 Oct 2004, 18:56

oops, you did ask which DTP I was using and I forgot to answer.

Gnome (2 Gig HD - 350 Megs for the OS9 partition = NO KDE!!!)

I meant Yum actaully, I keep getting disonnected mid-yum I need to add mirrors...
plbowler
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 13 Oct 2004, 17:08

Unfortunatly i have virtually no experence w/ gnome-so i dont know what the system config menus look like or what the default sound server is. I know that in kde its arts and windowmaker is esd, alsa maybe-not sure but in the preferences of the audio program id make sure that the correct sound server is selected
StarKnight83

Return to Beginner