Beginner needs help setting up Atmel based USB wireless adap

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Beginner needs help setting up Atmel based USB wireless adap

Postby hexstar » 22 Oct 2004, 23:15

Hi I'm a noob so go easy on me :). Anywho, I've got a Atmel chipset based USB wireless adapter (specifically the MacWireless 11b USB Wireless adapter: http://macwireless.com/html/products/11 ... 1bUSB.html - not the USB stick), I believe there's a way to get Atmel based USB wireless adapters to get to work, I am using YellowDog Linux 3.0.1 and am using the KDE gui, how would I go about setting up my wireless adapter for use on my network and surfing the web? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
hexstar
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby StarKnight83 » 23 Oct 2004, 04:59

I did a quick google seach and came up w/ the following drivers and a how-to the links are as follows OSS atmel driver sourceforge based atmel driver and the how-to atmel howto (i didnt have time to read through the howto-do be warned)
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Postby hexstar not logged in » 23 Oct 2004, 16:52

yeah, I've looked at those before and me being a n00b I have failed to do all of those...mainly because I can't figure out how to get my kernels source which I guess are on my cds somewhere :?: and other times it just gives me a million errors when I try to compile 'em...any n00b help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
hexstar not logged in

Postby StarKnight83 » 23 Oct 2004, 17:54

honestly I've had a lot of problems compiling drivers for linux kernels. The easiest way to know the kernel source is there is to get it from kernel.org and compile your own. Im currently running 2.6.9 (became offical a couple of days ago) and as to the errors if you could post them here; someone maybe able to pt. out whats going wrong.
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to Beginner