php compilin'

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

php compilin'

Postby usr666 » 09 Nov 2004, 00:34

looking for help compiling php, Ive done it before but getting errors... i used the exact same configure from the server when after I installed yellow dog...
'./configure' '--host=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu' '--build=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu' '--target=ppc-yellowdog-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db3' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--without-oci8' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mcal' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'

but, for example it cant find the modules such as apxs... anyone having the same problem?
usr666
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Wappendorf » 12 Nov 2004, 13:05

I don't know what is apxs but i successfully compiled php in Mac OS X several times and when the compiler says it can't find something then either the path you provide is false or the module is not installed.
Here you may want to check if there is something named 'apxs' in your '/usr/bin/' and if it isn't then you should either install it there or specify another path in your configure command.
Wappendorf
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: php compilin'

Postby Jeremy Morgan » 10 May 2012, 07:05

Since this post is nearly 8 years old, I'm guessing the problem was solved long ago, but since I found this through Googling I figured others will too, and I'll share the answer.

I installed php through the package manager at first, but I noticed that way too much stuff was disabled, so I downloaded the source and figured I could just copy the ./configure from phpinfo() and recompile. Of course this wasn't the case.

You have to do a couple of things, one is install the httpd-devel package

Then, you have to make some changes to your .configure, here is the one I used for php 5.4.3

'./configure' '--build=powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu' '--host=powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu' '--target=ppc-yellowdog-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC'

This compiled fine and passed all the tests.
YDL 6.2 on a G4 Powerbook 15" Laptop (New World). Used mostly for web / php / python / C / C++ development. Dialed in and running like a top. YDL is the best OS I have had on this hardware.
Jeremy Morgan
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner