Question: PS3 boot up

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Question: PS3 boot up

Postby ApexAftermath » 10 Aug 2008, 08:01

I will be installing YDL in about a week once I buy my ps3. I've read the install guide and it all sounds pretty simple seeing as I have done a fedora install before. My question is just for clarity. In the install guide it doesn't really give me a good idea of what the system will boot to once the install is done. Does the system always boot to linux from then on, or does it go to the GameOS once installed? I see the command to get back to the gameOS but if it does boot to linux automatically is there a way to change this?

I ask because if it does boot to linux automatically(unless i intervene with command line) then this will cause issues for the girlfriend if she wants to watch a blu ray movie. Thanks for any advice.
ApexAftermath
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Question: PS3 boot up

Postby billb » 10 Aug 2008, 14:47

ApexAftermath wrote:I will be installing YDL in about a week once I buy my ps3. I've read the install guide and it all sounds pretty simple seeing as I have done a fedora install before. My question is just for clarity. In the install guide it doesn't really give me a good idea of what the system will boot to once the install is done. Does the system always boot to linux from then on, or does it go to the GameOS once installed? I see the command to get back to the gameOS but if it does boot to linux automatically is there a way to change this?

I ask because if it does boot to linux automatically(unless i intervene with command line) then this will cause issues for the girlfriend if she wants to watch a blu ray movie. Thanks for any advice.

When you want to go back to the Game OS from YDL, you select Boot Game OS from the menu, and from that point on it will boot the Game OS until you direct it to boot the Other OS (YDL) again, so the girlfriend should be OK. :D
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question: PS3 boot up

Postby ApexAftermath » 13 Aug 2008, 06:54

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it works slick. I can't wait to try this out.
ApexAftermath
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner