No sound on GNOME (YDL 6.0)+more

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

No sound on GNOME (YDL 6.0)+more

Postby epdrumman » 18 Nov 2008, 07:07

Im not sure if this has been covered, i looked and couldnt find anything. Im a super dooper newb to YDL just installed it today. I had sound for a while when i switched to GNOME and i have no sound now. Im not sure how to get a plug-in got the audio. Some other things i had questions about was installing programs (like emulators and other useful programs) Thanks bunches in advance for the help. I loving YDL so far. I plan to use this for a while :D

EDIT:I figured out the sound issue i was having. But i still wonder how to install programs.
epdrumman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: No sound on GNOME (YDL 6.0)+more

Postby ppietro » 18 Nov 2008, 09:30

epdrumman wrote:EDIT:I figured out the sound issue i was having. But i still wonder how to install programs.

Assuming you're using a PS3, we have a permanent post to help beginners get started:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2274

Search for "Howto: Install software (the easy way) YDL 6" on that page.

(Most of what's on that page is useful for other PowerPC platforms as well. :) )

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No sound on GNOME (YDL 6.0)+more

Postby epdrumman » 19 Nov 2008, 07:22

Thanks a bunch ppietro :). Im beginning to understand how to install programs. I was also wondering. Is there any other place online where i can learn YDL 6.0 (like tutorials for commands for example)
epdrumman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner