Newbie BT question

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Newbie BT question

Postby lanning » 18 Nov 2008, 23:53

I have installed YDL 6.0 on PS3 and with the help of this forum got the wifi going (though it will not autostart as describe but I put the start in the rc). I used the update to update everything to the latest level.

I have Apple BT MightyMouse and BT keyboard. I installed bluez.

When I scan, I can only see the mouse. When I try to connect to mouse I get port busy message. Is there somewhere a detailed write up on how to deal with blue tooth? BTW, PS3 sees and handles both of these BT devices just fine.

THX
lanning
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Newbie BT question

Postby ppietro » 19 Nov 2008, 00:32

lanning wrote:I have installed YDL 6.0 on PS3 and with the help of this forum got the wifi going (though it will not autostart as describe but I put the start in the rc).

Hmmm - you shouldn't have to do that. What happened when you tried this?

1. Go to the Network Configuration control panel,
2. Click on the Device tab,
3. Double-click on the Wireless device
4. In the resultant Wireless Device dialog box, click the General tab
5. Select "Activate device when computer starts"

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lanning » 24 Nov 2008, 12:54

Thank you, What happens is that the device/configuration file reports the usual "check the cable"-
lanning
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 25 Nov 2008, 02:39

lanning wrote:Thank you, What happens is that the device/configuration file reports the usual "check the cable"-

Ugh - that doesn't sound right either.

*sigh*

Wait - you updated everything to the latest level? Did you put protectbase on your system before you did this? If you didn't, that might explain some things.

Also - can you post the section you added to - I'm assuming - rc.local?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Janx » 07 Jan 2009, 22:00

side question: I have sony's keypad. It's BT. will YDL recognize the keypad automatically (is the hypervisor handling it) or will I need drivers and stuff, and probably not be able to use it during the install (needing a real USB keys/mouse to install).
Janx
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 07 Jan 2009, 23:05

Janx wrote:side question: I have sony's keypad. It's BT. will YDL recognize the keypad automatically (is the hypervisor handling it) or will I need drivers and stuff, and probably not be able to use it during the install (needing a real USB keys/mouse to install).

You will not be able to use the Sony Keypad during the install. You will need a real USB Keyboard and Mouse.

After the install, I think YDL will just recognize it. Various users have reported success with it - search around our forums a little bit.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner