How to switch resolution in YDL 6?

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

How to switch resolution in YDL 6?

Postby FrostEternal » 21 Jan 2009, 04:59

Okay, please bear with me as I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding how to use Linux. I just got it because I heard it was an OS you could install on the PS3. I think it's pretty cool, seems to run pretty fast, but here's my problem:

Ignoring suggestions from others regarding not to install Linux on a PS3 when I only had a standard def TV, I did it anyways--found out how to on YouTube.

The Question: I have a 1080p plasma tv now. When I boot up Linux, it now runs in 480p, but that's it. Can't I run it in 720p, 1080i, or 1080p? I would like to run it in 1080p, if I could.

For anyone who could help me, please be as descriptive and clear as possible, as I have no knowledge of anything Linux. xP

I would love to learn how to use this thing. lol. Thanks for reading this.
FrostEternal
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: How to switch resolution in YDL 6?

Postby ppietro » 21 Jan 2009, 06:13

FrostEternal wrote:Okay, please bear with me as I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding how to use Linux. I just got it because I heard it was an OS you could install on the PS3. I think it's pretty cool, seems to run pretty fast, but here's my problem:

Ignoring suggestions from others regarding not to install Linux on a PS3 when I only had a standard def TV, I did it anyways--found out how to on YouTube.

The Question: I have a 1080p plasma tv now. When I boot up Linux, it now runs in 480p, but that's it. Can't I run it in 720p, 1080i, or 1080p? I would like to run it in 1080p, if I could.

For anyone who could help me, please be as descriptive and clear as possible, as I have no knowledge of anything Linux. xP

I would love to learn how to use this thing. lol. Thanks for reading this.

This covers most of the basics of video on the PS3.
viewtopic.php?t=3524

Official YDL instructions are here:
http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... test.shtml

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to switch resolution in YDL 6?

Postby FrostEternal » 22 Jan 2009, 23:35

Cool, cool. Thanks for all the input. I never thought I'd get this thing working. =P

One more thing I wanted to say:

su -l

init 3

That's a "dash L", not a "dash one" after su.

Most people think of the "-" as a hyphen, as a dash is "--". Just something to think of when you're using precise, exact code.

But yeah.. thanks again :]
FrostEternal
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner