One time - worked, second time - didnt.

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

One time - worked, second time - didnt.

Postby Brabus » 21 Jan 2009, 23:02

Hello everybody again..,
i installed linux 6.1 on my PS3 and i was installing some new parts to it.., like the youtube support (didnt work) but the i have restarted the linux and then it gets stuck pretty long time on the "starting uvdev" or something like that. Then the blue screen appears with the logo and then just a plain black screen with one underscore (the cursor). Please i was setting up the wifi and everything so long.. Is there anyway to fix it?
Brabus
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: One time - worked, second time - didnt.

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 04:10

Brabus wrote:Hello everybody again..,
i installed linux 6.1 on my PS3 and i was installing some new parts to it.., like the youtube support (didnt work) but the i have restarted the linux and then it gets stuck pretty long time on the "starting uvdev" or something like that. Then the blue screen appears with the logo and then just a plain black screen with one underscore (the cursor). Please i was setting up the wifi and everything so long.. Is there anyway to fix it?

Hmm - if you can remember - can you be more specific with what you were doing? There may not be an easy way to fix this.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brabus » 22 Jan 2009, 09:32

Well first i was configuring the Wifi. I had to create an ethernet connection and afterwards I had had to change it be using terminal. Then, i was trying to get youtube to work, i was installing some plugins like gstream and Mplayer, the something called monkey... i dont know. Then on the final I was playing around with ctrl+alt+f7 and f1. Then I restarted to see how it works, and it gets stuck randomly on some parts when the green "ok" sign appears. If I get lucky, the blue screen appears but then there is just a black screen with a underscore on the top left. I hope I dont have to reinstall...
Thanks really much that you are helping me
Brabus
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Brabus » 22 Jan 2009, 09:41

Alright Paul, I started it today in the morning and it works... I don't know what happened. I hope its gonna work the second time..:D. But thanks anyway thou. Im gonna write here if its not gonna work again.
Brabus
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner