YDL Building Disk Help!!!

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

YDL Building Disk Help!!!

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 08:54

I need help building my ydl disc i downloaded the iso from terasoft its the newest version 6.1 i just need help building it into a disc. :D
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL Building Disk Help!!!

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 09:41

kenneth.perkins wrote:I need help building my ydl disc i downloaded the iso from terasoft its the newest version 6.1 i just need help building it into a disc. :D

I think you downloaded IMGBURN. This will do it:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=guides

Specifically - you want this screen:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=sc ... s#isowrite

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 20:37

All i asked it if i just write it to a dvd or build it. You ppietro said last night if i just burn it to a disc its wrong but when i asked how to build you give me a link saying write to a dvd.
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 20:43

kenneth.perkins wrote:I need help building my ydl disc i downloaded the iso from terasoft its the newest version 6.1 i just need help building it into a disc. :D

I think I see the issue here.

You're actually opening up the ISO to try to create the disc.

You don't want to do this. The ISO is not a simple archive, like a ZIP file. An ISO file is more like a disc snapshot - it contains all the disc sectors - boot sectors, partition tables, etc.

So - what you want to do is this:

1. Download the ISO.
2. Verify the download with SHA1SUM
3. Start IMGBURN
4. Use the Write function of IMGBURN to create the disc from the ISO.

If this is what you had done previously, my apologies. Based on what you had posted earlier, it just sounded like you had burned the ISO directly to the DVD. i.e. the dvd contained one file which was the iso.

When you create the disc from the ISO, and then put the DVD in your drive, you should see many files.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 20:44

kenneth.perkins wrote:All i asked it if i just write it to a dvd or build it. You ppietro said last night if i just burn it to a disc its wrong but when i asked how to build you give me a link saying write to a dvd.

See my other post.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 20:54

ppietro wrote:

I think I see the issue here.

You're actually opening up the ISO to try to create the disc.

You don't want to do this. The ISO is not a simple archive, like a ZIP file. An ISO file is more like a disc snapshot - it contains all the disc sectors - boot sectors, partition tables, etc.

So - what you want to do is this:

1. Download the ISO.
2. Verify the download with SHA1SUM
3. Start IMGBURN
4. Use the Write function of IMGBURN to create the disc from the ISO.

If this is what you had done previously, my apologies. Based on what you had posted earlier, it just sounded like you had burned the ISO directly to the DVD. i.e. the dvd contained one file which was the iso.

When you create the disc from the ISO, and then put the DVD in your drive, you should see many files.

Cheers,
Paul

Oh now i got you yea yesterday i just burnt the iso to my dvd but now i see that i actually have to open imgburn and select write correct but do i have to have the dvd when trying to write? then after that is done then burn it to my disc. Also i downloaded the SHA1SUM to verify but I'm confused because i don't know how to verify? THANKS I REALLY NEEDED THIS :D :D
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 22 Jan 2009, 21:29

kenneth.perkins wrote:Oh now i got you yea yesterday i just burnt the iso to my dvd but now i see that i actually have to open imgburn and select write correct but do i have to have the dvd when trying to write? then after that is done then burn it to my disc. Also i downloaded the SHA1SUM to verify but I'm confused because i don't know how to verify? THANKS I REALLY NEEDED THIS :D :D

Yes - you need the DVD when trying to write. IMGBURN will handle the disc burning for you - you use it in place of your other burn software.

To use SHA1SUM, you need to follow the link in the guide and download a SHA1SUM.EXE program. Then, you open up a command window, navigate to where you downloaded the EXE, and type "SHA1SUM path_to_the_downloaded_ISO" (without the quotes)

It will print out a number. Compare that number to the contents of the SHA1SUM file that's up on the server your downloaded the ISO from.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kenneth.perkins » 22 Jan 2009, 23:14

ok new problem im redownloading ydl 6.1 when it gets to 55% done it starts copying to my computer like its finished but it still has 45% to go to be 100% i tried to download it 5 different times from the 2 american servers and i get the same problems.
kenneth.perkins
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner