YDL for ps3-- can't retrieve update info or install

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

YDL for ps3-- can't retrieve update info or install

Postby djlebron » 05 Feb 2009, 04:29

I need help please,
i just installed YDL on my ps3 version 6.1 and everything was running fine. I got my bluetooth synced with my controller and networking so i can use fire fox. But when i tried to install a package or use package updater it says i have no internet connection. Also when ever i type in under terminal yum with anything like yum list it says
http://www.ydl.net/enhanced/yum/6.1/bas ... repomd.xml: [Errno 14 HTTP Error 401: authorization required. Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
Thank you
djlebron
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL for ps3-- can't retrieve update info or install

Postby ppietro » 05 Feb 2009, 04:56

djlebron wrote:I need help please,
i just installed YDL on my ps3 version 6.1 and everything was running fine. I got my bluetooth synced with my controller and networking so i can use fire fox. But when i tried to install a package or use package updater it says i have no internet connection. Also when ever i type in under terminal yum with anything like yum list it says
http://www.ydl.net/enhanced/yum/6.1/bas ... repomd.xml: [Errno 14 HTTP Error 401: authorization required. Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
Thank you

When you installed YDL 6.1, did you select that you had a YDL.net account? Unless you actually have a YDL.net account, this won't work. I think this is the error you get when the repos are set to log in to YDL.net.

What I would do is log in as root user, and edit your .repo files in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory with gedit to match these:
viewtopic.php?t=3017

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 05 Feb 2009, 07:16

Actually - billb wrote up a nice solution if you checked the YDL Enhanced account during install:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4651#p24427

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djlebron » 05 Feb 2009, 20:06

thanks I will try that, one more thing how do u get a YDL account does it cost money or do i just sign up?
djlebron
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby djlebron » 05 Feb 2009, 20:17

well i tried to gedit /etc/yum.repos.d when signed in as root ans it said could not open the file so i have no idea what to do now. -__-?
djlebron
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 06 Feb 2009, 00:30

djlebron wrote:well i tried to gedit /etc/yum.repos.d when signed in as root ans it said could not open the file so i have no idea what to do now. -__-?

/etc/yum.repos.d is a directory, not a file. There are at least three files in that directory.

And - yes - a YDL enhanced account costs money. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner