Downloading error

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Downloading error

Postby TJLYD » 14 Feb 2009, 03:41

ok so i followed the instructions on " Installing the easy way " and when i went to to checkout my add / remove software it just attempts to load for a bit then a window pops up telling me ' unable to retrieve software information. This could be caused by not having a network connection available' it didn't give any other details.
TJLYD
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: Downloading error

Postby billb » 14 Feb 2009, 06:17

I updated that guide today because the livna repo we've been using has been inaccessible for a day or two now. What I did was add additional "mirrors" or sites that contain the exact same information so if one fails it goes to the next automatically.

When yum (or Add/Remove Software AKA pirut) can't access one of the repos it fails to work at all -- kind of like Christmas lights. :P One light goes out, they all go out! :lol:

So, the first thing I'd check is your /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-stable.repo file and see if it matches what is currently listed in the guide. The "ezrepos" RPM mentioned in the guide has been updated today also, so it will install all three repos (dribble, fedora-extras, and livna-stable) as they are listed in the guide.

If your livna-stable.repo already matches what is in the guide and it still isn't working, let's look at the output of this command:

Code: Select all
more /etc/yum.repos.d/*
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner