YDL 6.1 on PS3 - Can't update or add programs

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

YDL 6.1 on PS3 - Can't update or add programs

Postby puzzleface » 12 Mar 2009, 19:41

I installed YDL 6.1 on my PS3, however I cannot update, or add any programs.

Every time I try, the bar gets about 20% of the way through, and then I get error 101:network unreachable.

I have internet, as I'm posting from it right now, so I don't understand why the network would be unreachable.

I don't know if it's related or not, but both times, I had to do an about:config on firefox and set ipv6 to true in order to get to any websites. Before that, the only sites that would load were based int he UK or OZ. Also, I have both firewalls on my router and on YDL turned off.

Anyhow, I've been working on this for hours with no avail, any help would be appreciated.
puzzleface
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL 6.1 on PS3 - Can't update or add programs

Postby ppietro » 12 Mar 2009, 19:52

puzzleface wrote:I installed YDL 6.1 on my PS3, however I cannot update, or add any programs.

Every time I try, the bar gets about 20% of the way through, and then I get error 101:network unreachable.

I have internet, as I'm posting from it right now, so I don't understand why the network would be unreachable.

I don't know if it's related or not, but both times, I had to do an about:config on firefox and set ipv6 to true in order to get to any websites. Before that, the only sites that would load were based int he UK or OZ. Also, I have both firewalls on my router and on YDL turned off.

Anyhow, I've been working on this for hours with no avail, any help would be appreciated.

Here's some troubleshooting steps to start. You've probably done these correctly - but it's best to start here:

1. Did you add the extra repos as listed here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3017

If so, there is an issue with DNS and livna.org. You'll have to edit your livna-stable.repo to look like the one listed in that thread.

2. If you're just using the YDL default repos, did you check the YDL.net box during setup?

If so, you'll need to have a YDL.net account, otherwise it won't work. If you don't have an account, you will need to revert yellowdog-base.repo, yellowdog-extras.repo and yellowdog-updates.repo to match those shown in this thread:

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby puzzleface » 12 Mar 2009, 20:18

I followed all the steps up until the protect base, which failed when i tried to do it because of the same 101 error.

:(
puzzleface
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 13 Mar 2009, 00:53

puzzleface wrote:I followed all the steps up until the protect base, which failed when i tried to do it because of the same 101 error.

:(

What about question 2? Did you check the "YDL.net" during setup?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby seanthediceman » 20 May 2009, 20:32

OK I installed my ydl 6.1 on on my ps3. i got the the free download off of fixstars.com using the mirror. Now do i have to purchase the disc to get a ydl.net account or do I have to buy the disc to get ydl.net I went to the website and it asks for a verification code and Im thinking that it only comes with the disc package. i dony wanna have to buy that.
seanthediceman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 20 May 2009, 21:14

seanthediceman wrote:OK I installed my ydl 6.1 on on my ps3. i got the the free download off of fixstars.com using the mirror. Now do i have to purchase the disc to get a ydl.net account or do I have to buy the disc to get ydl.net I went to the website and it asks for a verification code and Im thinking that it only comes with the disc package. i dony wanna have to buy that.

*sigh*

Look - you don't need YDL.net. You don't need to purchase the disc - you do not need a YDL.net account. Forget about YDL.net entirely, please. :D

If you're using the free download of YDL 6.1, you need to follow the steps here:

Make sure your three YDL repositories - yellowdog-base.repo, yellowdog-extras.repo and yellowdog-updates.repo - match the YDL 6.1 file listings in that post.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner