Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: upda

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: upda

Postby toontizzle » 11 May 2009, 13:33

hi guys im new still trying to get started after about a week. im digging thru these forums and i cant seem to find any help. im sure i have a rather simple fix but it aint that simple to a newbie. anyway im still trying to install the yum-protectbase but i get Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates i dont know how many times i've gone back to the guide and redid every thing it said up untill i get to "DONT SKIP THIS STEP" and try the yum protect-base then here we go again. i swear im fallowing that guide step by step. now im just getting fed up but hopefully you can help.
toontizzle
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: upda

Postby ppietro » 12 May 2009, 05:15

toontizzle wrote:hi guys im new still trying to get started after about a week. im digging thru these forums and i cant seem to find any help. im sure i have a rather simple fix but it aint that simple to a newbie. anyway im still trying to install the yum-protectbase but i get Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates i dont know how many times i've gone back to the guide and redid every thing it said up untill i get to "DONT SKIP THIS STEP" and try the yum protect-base then here we go again. i swear im fallowing that guide step by step. now im just getting fed up but hopefully you can help.

You have to be root user to do this. Sounds like you're installing yum-protectbase as a regular user. You should still be using the same terminal window you did the su -l from. (The su command switches you temporarily to root user)

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. Sorry it's a terse reply - I'm temporarily on dial-up. :(
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TDL404 » 17 May 2009, 16:23

Problem is the files in the fedora extras repository no longer seem to be there. I've had to disable the repo until the matter can be resolved so other stuff can be updated.
TDL404
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby billb » 17 May 2009, 17:50

It has been resolved -- the guide has been updated to include the new url for fedora-extras.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner