Login Problem

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Login Problem

Postby dazar » 27 May 2009, 18:28

Hi All

I have just installed YDl on my ps3 and the install went alright but I have nowhere to set my user login or password. I have set my root password and can go into that but I can't login into anything other than root. I was following a step by step guide and this said that after welcome screen I should get welcome screen and license agreement but I have not seen this. I have reinstalled once already and am beggining to think maybe I have a dodgy disc.

Any help or ideas aprreciated

Daz
dazar
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Login Problem

Postby CronoCloud » 27 May 2009, 18:50

If you can log in as root, you should be able to run this via a terminal and add a regular user:

Code: Select all
system-config-users

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Re: Login Problem

Postby ppietro » 27 May 2009, 21:21

dazar wrote:Hi All

I have just installed YDl on my ps3 and the install went alright but I have nowhere to set my user login or password. I have set my root password and can go into that but I can't login into anything other than root. I was following a step by step guide and this said that after welcome screen I should get welcome screen and license agreement but I have not seen this. I have reinstalled once already and am beggining to think maybe I have a dodgy disc.

Any help or ideas aprreciated

Daz

Were you installing in text mode by any chance? If you have a SDTV and install in text mode, you won't get the 2nd part of the installer. This would only set up the root user account - you'd have to manually turn on graphics and create a standard user.

Just in case you're in text mode, here's the instructions to set up graphics:
http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... to-5.shtml

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner