Yellow Dog 6.1 root password help

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Yellow Dog 6.1 root password help

Postby bob100 » 17 Jul 2009, 23:50

Hi i just installed yellow dog 6.1 on my ps3 and when installing i did not put my own password in for the root login. I left that field blank and continued. I also did not create any other accounts.

Now i can't login. I put root as the username and leave the password field blank as i did in installation but it does not login.

Does anyone know what to do? or what the default password is for root if you do not enter a password in this field during installation?

Thanks
bob100
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Yellow Dog 6.1 root password help

Postby bonedome » 19 Jul 2009, 00:47

Hmmm well helios linux, which is a stripped down version of ydl 5 had the default root login password ps3 it's one hell of a long shot though, it's not the end of the world only another 45 minute reinstall, take it as one of those lessons in life like when you take a wrong turn :roll: Inshallah as they say in arabic
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Beginner