How to install autoconf v2.61

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

How to install autoconf v2.61

Postby xorloser » 19 Jul 2009, 09:57

I am trying to build mplayer-ps3 for YDL v6.1. Part of the process is that you also need to build the spu media lib which requires autoconf v2.61.

I added the suggested extra repos including fedora extras, dribble and livna and did a yum udpate, however my autoconf is still v2.59. The next part of the "install software" guide on this board suggested looking in the fedora 6 packages, which I did and noticed that autoconf v2.59 is the one they have there too, which is why it is not updating I guess :)

So my question is how can I update autoconf to version 2.61 or higher?

I have tried altering the configure.ac file to think it requires only v2.59 which gets it past the "requires v2.61" error, but then other errors occur which I assmue are due to not using the correct version of autoconf.
xorloser
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: How to install autoconf v2.61

Postby ppietro » 19 Jul 2009, 12:50

xorloser wrote:So my question is how can I update autoconf to version 2.61 or higher?

Sorry for the terse answer - I've been playing the inFAMOUS demo, and now it's 4:46 AM!!! Sheesh!

Anyway - since YDL is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it's about three releases behind current Fedora distributions. This means - there probably isn't a repo that will get you a newer version of autoconf.

So - you'll have to build and install it from source code, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to install autoconf v2.61

Postby kengreen » 14 Sep 2009, 17:18

I installed autoconfig 2.6.10 and m4 1.4.10 from the Fedora9 ppc sources which allowed me to install speutils 0.1 and spu-medialib 0.1. I had to change spur's to spu's in the config.sub files in main and spu folders in each and SPU_CC to spu_gcc and SPU_EMBED to spu_embedspu. I got the speutils example folder to compile and can run spu_example1 and spu_example2.
Still have problems with spu-medialib examples hanging up my PS3
kengreen
ydl lover
ydl lover

Return to Beginner