Help! Can't use Enlightenment E17!

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Help! Can't use Enlightenment E17!

Postby illcoyote » 04 Aug 2009, 09:19

I can't log in under any other session than Gnome. I've messed with some things to try to get wireless, snes9x, and to find the best video move/resolution thing. Could I have messed something up? I set Gnome as my default session but everytime I try to sign in under E17, it takes a couple seconds of nothing and then the screen goes completely blank/white with a thin, black vertical line about an inch long in the very bottom, centered.

I've googled everything I could think of and couldn't find anything lol, am I the only one who can't load Enlightenment? (I need it so I can follow tutorials correctly since there's no such thing as "applications -> applications -> something else" in Gnone as I've come to realize.
illcoyote
ydl lover
ydl lover

Re: Help! Can't use Enlightenment E17!

Postby ppietro » 04 Aug 2009, 09:30

illcoyote wrote:Could I have messed something up? I set Gnome as my default session but everytime I try to sign in under E17, it takes a couple seconds of nothing and then the screen goes completely blank/white with a thin, black vertical line about an inch long in the very bottom, centered.

First, try this:

Start Enlightenment. Either with a left click or a middle click, select Windows --> Cleanup Windows. That ought to restore your desktop.

If the enlightenment shelf is missing,
http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... lost.shtml
can bring it back.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. If you don't have a middle mouse button, clicking right & left mouse buttons simultaneously will emulate it.
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby illcoyote » 04 Aug 2009, 09:39

We can use the other thread to talk this out if you'd like. What I'm about to say I also posted over there:

Well, I'm telling you, nothing loads, just a blank, white screen. But I tried it anyways. I center clicked and nothing opened up. No way to selection windows -> or anything like that. Here's a good example of what I see after I 'try' to sign in under enlightenment:

Just like that. No icons, nothing. But I can see the mouse.
illcoyote
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby ppietro » 04 Aug 2009, 10:23

Cool - we'll discuss it there. Since we don't allow double posts on this board, I'll lock this thread.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner