nautilus not loading on boot, and windows resize problem

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

nautilus not loading on boot, and windows resize problem

Postby Exploding_Penguin » 01 Sep 2009, 13:06

hello some more noobish questions!

ive had ydl running for a couple of months now no probs, but i stupidly ran it out of disk space the other day, an sice this happened ive had a problem with nautilus not loading on boot and when opening a new window it opens fullscreen with no minimize button.
i have no idea where where to modify the config file for this user (im asuming thats whats gone wrong??)
any help you can give guy's an girls?
cheers pingu
Intel d201gly2a,1gb RAM 120gb 2.5" sata hdd,Wifi,BT ,DVD drive,7" touchscreen fiberglassed in,FreeIce FE,igo8 Sat nav with BT GPS reciver
My Car Pc running on XP
Exploding_Penguin
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: nautilus not loading on boot, and windows resize problem

Postby bonedome » 03 Sep 2009, 21:43

Hmmm
I too ran out of space a few weeks ago, but didn't have any probs with nautilus, the gnome terminal was where I had a whole lot of grief, I couldn't even delete the trash to make space, I had to move some files to a memory stick then start deleting and after a reboot everything was back to normal, well except my terminal history was wiped.
I'm not home right now to check but there probably is a config file which is created when you first run it, you could try
Code: Select all
locate nautilus
this will bring up a list of every file with the word nautilus in it, I'd a bit more help if only my missus would buy a ps3 :lol:
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby Exploding_Penguin » 04 Sep 2009, 16:52

thanks for the reply, the problem was in e17, as soon as i started using gnome everything was fine, im just using gnome now much better than e17 imho
Intel d201gly2a,1gb RAM 120gb 2.5" sata hdd,Wifi,BT ,DVD drive,7" touchscreen fiberglassed in,FreeIce FE,igo8 Sat nav with BT GPS reciver
My Car Pc running on XP
Exploding_Penguin
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby bonedome » 05 Sep 2009, 22:44

So you're good to go
I'm just using gnome now much better than e17 imho
Yeah I'd go along with that.
I had a look at the .nautilus folder and all the files are xml which I have no idea how to read let alone edit
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Beginner