Adobe yum repository doesn't have flash plugin

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Adobe yum repository doesn't have flash plugin

Postby SuprchrgedSi » 25 Nov 2009, 20:12

I have been trying for about 7 hours to get flash player to install on my PS3. I've installed the adobe yum repository and I type "yum install flash-plugin". After a bit of checking, it says "Nothing To Do". Is the link bad in the repo file? Could the server for flash installer be down? Any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping a humble n00b
SuprchrgedSi
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Adobe yum repository doesn't have flash plugin

Postby ppietro » 25 Nov 2009, 20:49

SuprchrgedSi wrote:I have been trying for about 7 hours to get flash player to install on my PS3. I've installed the adobe yum repository and I type "yum install flash-plugin". After a bit of checking, it says "Nothing To Do". Is the link bad in the repo file? Could the server for flash installer be down? Any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping a humble n00b

Unfortunately, there is no Adobe Flash for the PS3. :(

Adobe has a Linux version of Flash and a PowerPC version of Flash, but not a PowerPC Linux version of Flash, which is what you'd need to run on your PS3.

It's best if you remove the Adobe repository now, then do a yum clean all . Having it there leads to problems later on, since it assumes Intel (aka x86) architecture, which your PS3 does not have.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner